New Year, New You! Hope the head’s not too sore!
So it’s January, a new beginning and a time to reflect and look forward. Did you make Pilates / fitness goals last year? So what’s going to make a difference this year different from last year?
We all have an idea of our goals, whether work, family or health & fitness related. The following can be applied to all but lets talk Pilates goals.
Firstly you need to decide what they are?
- Do you want to move more on a daily bases?
- Do you want to start pilates?
- Spend more time for you doing Pilates/exercise?
- Attend a class?
- Practise pilates more during the week?
- Add pilates into your fitness routine to help with specific sports?
- Reduce your risk of injury, back pain and less visits to the physio?
Secondly once you have decided on your goal and you need to set them! As you would in a business you need to write them down!
- Where would you like to be a year from now?
- Each quarter (i.e. every 3 months) where do you need to be with your goals?
- Set monthly goals
- Weekly goals
- Daily goals
This might seem a lot to do but if you are serious about your goals then setting some time aside to really think about them will help in your goal of achieving them.
So you have decided on your goal and thought about how you can make sure that you keep on track? To make your goals work for you, SMART goals work best.
- Specific – you need to know when you have achieved your goals, remember to be positive!
- Measurable – set a date, time, amount e.g – 10 minutes 3 times a week.
- Achievable – your goal has to work for you, you have to have time to do it!
- Realistic – set goals you can achieve.
- Time bound – you have a to have an end date otherwise you will never know if you achieve them!
You have probably seen these before and used in business but have you ever used for yourself and your Pilates/fitness? If you are serious about your Pilates then spending a bit of time planning it will make a huge difference. Just think in a years time how good you will feel having achieved it?
If you can’t make a regular class or afford a Personal Trainer who would go through goals setting with you and make you accountable then why not join our January # challenge. Decide and plan your 2018 Pilates goals and during January tweet them with the #pilates2018goals tagging in @studio44pilates. Each week we will ask you to tweet either a weekly or monthly part of your SMART goals over the next three months! So you don’t need a personal trainer to keep you accountable you can do it all with us.