Pilates online or Pilates Class?
There are so many ways to do a Pilates session, either online or going to a weekly Pilates class.
But which is better?
The benefits of Pilates are numerous and rather than list them here check out our blog “Why you should do Pilates”
Joseph Pilates developed Pilates (or Contrology as it was known) in the 1920’s. Pilates is a low impact exercise, focusing on Postural alignment, core strength, flexibility and muscle balance. Pilates is great as we get older as it can help correct postural imbalances as well as helping us to still lead a functional and healthy lifestyle.
Most people join a class and go to Pilates once a week. While this is better than doing nothing Joseph Pilates idea was that you would practise at home. He said “If you faithfully perform your Pilates exercises regularly only 4 times a week for just three months you will find your body development approaching the ideal…”
As with any exercise practice is so important to achieve results and quicker. Keeping you more motivated.
- Great for learning the technique
- Can ask questions to the teacher
- Teachers can assess and put you in the correct position
- Working with others in a class can be motivational
- Meet like minded people
- Commitment to a set time and day
- Classes can be large
- Working at the pace of the slowest person
- In a mixed class working at a level of the newest person
- Classes can be expensive
10 minute Pilates online video’s
- Can do in your own time
- Short sessions so can fit into busy lives
- You can focus on you
- Focus on the Pilates fundendmentals
- No one watching you when you try out new exercises
- Lot’s more variety to choose from to suit your mood at the time.
- Can find Free session
- Subscriptions not as expensive as a weekly class
- You can pause video’s and concentrate on technique/ exercise at your pace
- You can still be part of a group and have accountability, at Studio 44 Pilates 10 minute Pilates online we have a a thriving Facebook community just for membership.
- No one on hand to correct you
- Have to motivate yourself to do your Pilates session. This blog gives you some great ideas to help you do Pilates at home “5 Top Tips to do Pilates at home”
- No accountability
- Not working out with others
- Lack of space at home
- No equipment
Looking at the pro’s and con’s for Pilates in a class or Online there is not a lot of difference between them, In the end it is what suits you and how you can fit Pilates regularly into your life.
If you know regular Pilates makes a difference to you, then why not check out our
10 minutes Pilates online membership HERE