National Skipping Day, this is the 16th year of National Skipping Day! The event is aimed at school children to take up skipping as an healthy and fun form of exercise. But why not adults too?
How many adults skip?
According to the British Rope Skipping Association ” 10 minutes of skipping can have as many health benefits as a 45 minute run!”
Advantages to skipping regularly :-
- Skipping is a cardio exercise so will improve heart rate.
- Skipping will tone muscles
- Great for weight loss exercise as burns calories
- Great for increasing bone density therefore reducing risk of osteoporosis
- Great for balance & co -ordination
- Great for your abs and core!
So many great advantages so lets get skipping!
Don’t forget after your Skipping session to stretch!
try our 5 minute stretch video you can do in front of the TV