This policy governs the manner in which Studio 44 Pilates Ltd (“We”) collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of our website (www.studio44pilates.com) (the “Site”). This policy applies to the Site and all products and services offered by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Studio 44 Pilates Ltd (company no: 10814819) whose registered office is at 44 Langton Road, Great Bowden, Leicestershire, LE16 7EZ.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, information when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order on our Site, subscribe to our newsletter/ blog, respond to a survey, fill out a form, subscribe to any of our Services and in connection with any other activities, services, features or resources we make available from time to time on our Site. Users may be asked for certain information as appropriate, including but not limited to, name, email address, mailing address, credit card information and we may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities
2. NON PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may also collect details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. This may include the browser name, operating system, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connecting to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet Service Provider utilised and other similar information. This is statistical data about our Users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
The cookies we use are:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/ performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.]
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
4. HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate and individually per registered user to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site and to personalise the Site experience to Users.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services or to notify you about changes to our service.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails and direct mail: We may use the email address and/or postal address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to remain opted-in to our mailing list (users may opt-out during registration to the Site and service), they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services from selected third parties which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our partners and/or advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help our partners and/or advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our partners’ and/or advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE PROTECT IT
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 44 Langton Road, Great Bowden, Leicestershire LE16 7EZ. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and our terms & conditions. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. 11. CONTACTING US If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please contact us at:44 Langton Road, Great Bowden, Leicestershire LE16 7EZ, UK or Email us.
This document was last updated on 22nd June 2017