Table of Contents
How to motivate yourself to do your Pilates Practice at home
It’s hard to stay motivated to do your Pilates practice especially during the school holidays. Sometimes it is just easier not to exercise and then you get out of the habit, feel horrible and a whole cycle occurs before you can get back to it! Does this sound familiar?
Why not try out Top 13 Tips to keep you motivated to do your Pilates practice.
- Plan when you are going to do your Pilates session. Do a week ahead so you know what you have planned.
- Set yourself a goal. Ideally a long term one, but weekly goals work too, even if it’s how many times you are going to do your Pilates.
- Workout in the morning, no excuses then!
- Set out your workout space
- Put your workout clothes out the night before so you can get straight in to them!
- Join a Pilates Facebook group so you can get motivation and accountability for yourself.
- Start an exercise log (even if it’s in your diary) to keep a record of what you have done.
- Use a an app like Strava or Endomondo to track your sessions (others are available!)
- Remember how good it feels when you do exercise, why not write these feeling down in your exercise log each time you do a session.
- Watch what you eat, especially before and after exercise, this can also have an effect on how you feel. Why not read my blog “What to eat before and after your Pilates workout” for some ideas.
- Put reminders around your office / kitchen with motivational quotes to keep you going.
- If music helps you get going then sort a playlist for your Pilates sessions.
- Why not try Pilates Online so you add variety to your sessions, challenging your body and getting great results
Thirteen might be unlucky for some but there are some great ideas here, you don’t need to do them all but hopefully there is something in here that will get and keep you going!